Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New Plan

Dave's blood work from yesterday showed that his anemia is coming back - of course we knew that (the shortness of breath, the dizziness, the pounding heart.) And the blood test showed a slight increase in his Neutrophils and Lymphocytes. But the White Blood Cell count is still on the low side - 1.9 K/uL.

So the doc has decided to postpone the Fludarabine and Mitoxantrone again. Dave is scheduled to get another infusion of Rituxan (which so far he's tolerated very well) tomorrow. He's also going to get another blood transfusion, but we're not sure if it will be tomorrow or later in the week.

Then there's the skin problem - Dave's been dealing with an annoying acne-like rash for weeks, and after much trial and error, we think it may be a fungal infection. Luckily, you can find over-the-counter remedies for that, but maybe someone at the infusion clinic tomorrow will have a better idea.

No comments: